Monday, March 28, 2011

11 months!?!

Oh wow.  How is my little baby 11 months old??  11 is almost 12. And 12 means that she's 1.  Umm, when did that happen?  I need to get busy planning a birthday party!

We are quite a busy little lady at 11 months.  We're still not quite walking, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes pretty soon.  In the meantime, she's become extremely quick at crawling and she can pretty much get into any and everything.  The stairs prove no obstacle and she recently figured out that she can open all of her dresser drawers to pull things out. 

She can say 'buh buh' and wave when we say bye-bye.  We're still working on using it at the proper time, instead of, oh for example, during the middle of dinner, when we'll need to take a break from eating to say 'buh buh' a few times. 

Sydney has 3 teeth (with the 4th to make an appearance fairly soon, I think).
She is a great eater!  She has yet to meet a food she doesn't like.  (Well, green beans were iffy there for a while, but after much deliberation, she's decided that they are okay.) No more baby food in this house!  Sydney just eats table food (just cut up real small) and loves it.  We're still perfecting the art of getting the food into our mouth without dropping it or smearing it everywhere, but she's actually doing pretty well at keeping herself clean during a meal!
And she's still a fabulous sleeper:  she still takes 2 (sometimes 3) naps a day.  No complaints here!


"What do you mean I can't pull on the flowers?"


"If I smile really pretty, THEN can I pull the flowers?"


Love her.

 So pensive.
 

And here I thought we'd make it another couple of years before she thought I was lame:
"Seriously mom. You are so not cool."

Yup - she's a keeper :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers