Friday, November 4, 2011

They Packed THAT?!

We had heard from quite a few people that the movers would pack anything and everything in our old house for the move. That was part of why we had gone through and cleaned things out prior to their coming.  I was trying to avoid the 'the packed THAT?!' situation when we unpacked in Boston. 

We only uncovered a few wierd items.  Like the red plastic solo cup that I was drinking water from the day that they were at the house packing.  I didn't want to use a 'real' cup (I wanted all of those to get packed), so I just grabbed a plastic one, wrote my name on it with a sharpie and drank my water.  And then apparently left said cup within the reach of the movers.  It was nicely wrapped in newspaper and included in one of the kitchen boxes. How very thoughtful of them.
I thought that might be our winner.  You know, the one silly item that we would talk about them packing.

And then I unpacked this. 


Now, I'm sure you're thinking 'okay, no biggie, they packed a bottle of wine'.  Except that I should mention that I have not drank (drunk?) any wine since we got to Boston.  They packed that bottle, half-full, with the cork just kinda pushed in the top.   Seriously?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers