Unfortunately (or I guess, fortunately) she's starting to lose some of these, but I wanted to document them so that Dan and I can reminisce at some point :) ...
- "Dub-Dub" (aka the letter "W") has been recently replaced with the proper name for the letter. That was a sad day. We used to ask her 'what letter is this' on a regular basis just to hear 'dub dub'
- "Peeps" She uses "peeps" for 'people' or for 'somebody'. As in: "hear peeps cut grass" ('I hear somebody cutting the grass') or 'peeps running'. I think this one may start to phase out pretty quickly because when we ran an errand last week, I came to a red-light and someone started yelling 'move people! move people!' from the backseat. :)
- "Rengy". Aka 'orange'. Sydney learned her colors a while ago - she could pick them out if you asked her to point to a certain color. And she could name most of them (all except for orange). She's only started saying 'rengy' in the past month or so. This may have replaced Dub-Dub as my current favorite. We ask her 'what color is this' when pointing to an orange item all the time.
- "PGs" (pronounced like pee-gees aka PJs). Somehow the J and the G got confused, so she wears "Pee-gee's" to bed at night.
- "Lella" Despite being able to say the B sound, Bella's name has remained "Lella". (Bentley, by comparison, is in fact "Bentley". with the B sound.)
- "Them's".... We had a playdate the other morning and when her friends left, Sydney told me that they were going to "drive to them's house".
- "Nam" - aka banana. Not terribly sure how she got 'nam' out of 'banana'.

No comments:
Post a Comment