Sydney still isn't talking much, but when she does, it is generally about Daddy.
The other morning when I went to get her out of her crib in the morning, she looked at me and said "Dada?" while putting her arms/hands into the universal 'I don't know' sign (arms bent, palms up.... I'll try to get a picture). I explained to her that Daddy had gone to work and that he'd be back that evening. She looked at me and said 'Dada, bye-bye'. To which I said 'yes, Dada went bye-bye' and then we could go about our day.
At least once a day, she will go get a picture of Dan off of the hall table and walk around saying 'Dada' while pointing at the picture.
And whenever my phone rings or buzzes to announce an email/text message/whatever - she will look at me and say 'Dada?' and then put her hand to her ear as if she's holding the phone and talking to her daddy.
She even went into the closet one day and got out Dan's (favorite) Red Sox hat. She put it on her head and walked around the room saying 'Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada.'
When I ask her to say "Mama", I get one of 2 responses: She either says Dada or looks at me and shakes her head no.
Safe to say that we definitely love Daddy.
(Although, I certainly am ready for some 'Mama's' to come out of her little mouth...)

No comments:
Post a Comment