Oh my, how time has flown.
Sydney is 18 months old and has now lived in 2 states. We are still getting settled and unpacked, but things are starting to settle down a bit. With that will come many posts to update everyone on all of the Chase Happenings over the past few weeks, but for now, I'll just jump right back in with the important things - like the baby turning 18 months old.
Come to think of it, I think we are officially past the point where we can call Sydney a baby. (although, we probably have been for a while...)
We visited the doctor for her 18 month visit about a month ago so that we could get her appointment taken care of before the move.
As for the stats from that visit....
24 lbs 7.5 oz. (60th percentile) and 32 inches long/tall (72nd percentile).
In case you are curious, almost-25 pounds gets very heavy, very quickly these days.
Sydney still loves to eat. She'll eat anything in sight. Except for noodles. Noodles will get spit out every time. I've tried them plain and with sauce, regular and whole wheat... it doesn't matter. Whatever is on the noodle will get eaten and the noodle itself spit out.
(Seriously, who is this kid? WHO doesn't like noodles???)
She is still taking 2 naps a day. I love it. We can stretch her and only have 1 nap some days. Sometimes that works out okay and sometimes it is terrible for all involved. So the move to 1 nap a day may not be too far off. (though I must say, I am going to miss that morning naptime. I read on someone's blog the other day that naptime is one of God's gifts to mothers. And I agree. Wholeheartedly.)
She loves to read and definitely has her favorite books. She also likes to 'watch a show' and will request this by finding the remote control, pointing it towards the tv, pushing buttons (often turning the tv on in the process) and then asking 'please'. If you ask her if she'd like to watch a show, she'll nod emphatically and say 'uh huh' (not sure how you write that out phonetically, but it's the 'yes' noise :) ).
She loves bath time.
Favorite toys are her baby doll and Gloria (the glow worm that Uncle Ben and Aunt Angela got her for Christmas last year). They have to go to sleep with her at night.
She's learned how to wink (though sometimes it looks like a wink and other times more like she's staring into the sun on a bright day) and how to raise her eyebrows. Now THAT is funny to watch. I'll work on getting a video.

No comments:
Post a Comment