Monday, December 19, 2011

Thankful

As I mentioned, I totally missed getting this up in a timely manner.  Oh well.  We should be thankful all the time, right? :)

We headed down to Atlanta for Thanksgiving this year which meant Sydney's first plane flight.  I was nervous.  I could only imagine the meltdown that we could have in store.  But she rocked.  She did SO well.  Our flight was around 8am, so we left the house around 5:45 AM.  Early by any stretch of the imagination.   The little lady stayed awake until we were leaving Hartsfield after Grampie and MAE-MAE picked us up in Atlanta.  It was around noon.  I was exhausted.  But she was still rocking and rolling.

sitting like a big girl on the plane

She did figure out how to unbuckle her seatbelt before we'd even pushed back from the gate, so that was fun :)

Our lifesavers for the trip: buying Sydney her own seat (I can't imagine holding her for the whole flight -that would have been a nightmare!), lollipops for take off and landing, stickers and a notebook for her to put them in and this Travel Cart - it's part stroller, part "carry-your-car-seat-through-the-airport" and worth every penny.

We spent a couple of days with my parents and a couple of days with Dan's parents and somehow managed to work 2 Thanksgiving dinners out of the deal. 

Sydney enjoyed getting spoiled by the grandparents and playing with Cousin Joshua.

playing in the leaves at Grandma and Granddaddy's

at the park

"driving" around MAE-MAE and Grampie's house

On Thanksgiving morning, Dan ran the Atlanta Half Marathon.    (Yay - Go Hubs!)
As I waited for him about a quarter of a mile from the finish line, I saw quite a few people who looked like they might collapse as they crossed the finish line.  Those people I could have gotten a good picture of.  Dan, however, was still running strong when I saw him, so all I managed was this picture:

He's the one in the red shorts about to cross behind the tree.
(I know, I know, you are impressed with my awesome photo-taking skills.  But let's not focus on that.  Let's focus on Hubs who was still running strong right before the finish line!)

Our flight home was as uneventful as the ride to Atlanta and we were told by several people after we landed 'she did so well' (with a great deal of relief in their voice :) ).

All in all, a very lovely Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie First Birthday tickers